- Granite Bay
- Citrus Heights
Roseville Marriage Counseling and Coaching
Restore Your Intimacy with Marriage Counseling in Roseville
We are all born with the need and desire to feel that we are close to someone and to have that feeling reciprocated. Intimacy is the feeling of being wanted, desired, and needed as an important and useful part of someone else’s life. A lot of people often mix up sex and intimacy. It’s true that sex can be one of the ways that people express how intimate they are to one another, but there is also a lot of people who have plenty of sex without any intimacy. When I work with couples, I help them identify the cause of their lack of intimacy and help them rediscover the physical and emotional ways in which they can make each other feel connected and desired.
Why Do You Need Intimacy in Your Relationship?
Intimacy is the glue that defines what kind of bond you have with your partner. The stronger the bond, the more resilient the relationship. Life is filled with many hardships that we face on a daily basis. Having a partner that loves you and has your back makes facing those daily struggles more manageable.
Signs Your Relationship Lacks Intimacy
- Feeling Alone and Unwanted: When couples recognize that they are not as close as they used to be or as they should be,
they begin to wonder whether or not their partner is still interested in them.
- Selfish Behaviors: when you don’t feel close to someone, you are less inclined to think and or care about their needs and
desires because you feel that they don’t care about yours.
- Superficial Conversations: Lack of intimacy breeds a lack of trust and decrease in vulnerability. This means you are less
likely to have a deep, soulful conversation with your partner about your hopes, dreams, and the things that bother you.
- Separate Lives: when the bond is strong, we tend to spend a lot of time with our partners enjoying mutual activities. When
the bond is weak, couples start drifting apart and seek out independent activities alone or with people that they feel close to.
How I Help Couples Restore Intimacy Through Marriage Counseling
- I will teach you new ways to appreciate one another rather than taking each other for granted. For example, when was the last time you thanked your partner for doing something nice that they do for you on a regular basis?
- I will give you the tools to manage life’s stressors. When people are overwhelmed with stress from work, school, parenting, etc., they have less time and energy to spend on nurturing their intimacy.
- You will learn how to express your unfulfilled needs to one another. When your needs are unfulfilled, resentment builds and intimacy declines.
- I will provide you with a safe environment to express and process hurt feelings in a way that encourages conflict resolution. Unmanaged hurt feelings puts a distance between you and your partner.
Experienced Roseville Marriage Counselor
Located in Roseville, Happily Ever After Counseling and Coaching helps couples restore intimacy by providing marriage and couples counseling and coaching services families in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Folsom, Newcastle, Loomis, Penryn, Citrus Heights, Orangevale and the greater Sacramento area.