- Granite Bay
- Citrus Heights
Roseville Marriage Counseling and Coaching
Rebuild Trust and Heal from Infidelity in Roseville with Marriage Counseling
Emotional and physical affairs are one of the most devastating events that can be experienced during the life-cycle of a relationship. There are many reasons why couples have affairs, but the common theme that ties these factors together are two things: unfulfilled needs and the inability to communicate about those needs.
Keep in mind that these factors do not take away the personal responsibility from the shoulders of the partner committing the affair. Because, at the end of the day, we all have the free will to make the choices necessary to help us deal with our problems. But, sadly, free will and not knowing how deal with dissatisfaction in a relationship leads to poor decisions, such as cheating and infidelity.
Despite the tremendous pain caused by the affair, many couples are able to use this unfortunate event as an opportunity to reflect on the quality of their relationship and the factors that contributed to making the affair possible. Rebuilding trust and healing the relationship is an obtainable goal, if both partners are willing and able to get to the root of the problem and identify concrete solutions to prevent it from happening again.
How I Help Couples Heal from Infidelity
- Helping couples commit to giving their marriage a second chance by accepting the fact that their relationship could be better and stronger than it was prior to the affair.
- Getting the partner who cheated to take responsibility for his/her actions and acknowledge the pain caused by those actions on their partner and others involved.
- Help the couple identify the different factors that caused the affair.
- Help the couple identify what could have been done to prevent the affair as well as what obstacles prevented the use of those tools.
- Help couples outline specific, concrete steps they are expecting to see from each other in order to rebuild trust.
- Lastly, give couples the tools needed to be able to communicate effectively in the future about their satisfaction in the relationship.
Nonjudgmental Roseville Marriage Counselor
Located in Roseville, Happily Ever After Counseling and Coaching helps couples heal from infidelity and rebuild trust by providing counseling services to couples and families in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Folsom, Newcastle, Loomis, Penryn, Citrus Heights, Orangevale and the greater Sacramento area.