- Granite Bay
- Citrus Heights
Roseville Marriage Counseling and Coaching
Improve Your Communication in Your Relationship with Marriage Counseling in Our Roseville Office
Improving communication is the most common goal couples want to work on when they call me for counseling. It’s not a surprise to know that most couples, regardless of their intelligence, compatibility, or background struggle with communicating effectively with one another.
Bad communication skills attributes to 90% of the problems couples experience. Think about it this way: how satisfied are you going to be if you are not able to share what’s on you mind with your partner in a way that they understand?
Knowing how to communicate effectively is the most important skill that every couple should learn in order to have a successful, satisfying relationship. Effective communication is the main tool used in resolving conflict, and every reaction will have its fair share of conflict.
Signs of Ineffective Communication
- Avoiding the expression of opinions or feelings and needs
- Allowing grievances and annoyances to mount leading to explosive outbursts, which are usually out of proportion to
the triggering incident
- Criticizing, blaming, and belittling to avoid hearing the other point of view
- Speaking in a loud, demanding, and overbearing voice
- Not listening well and interrupting frequently
How I Help Couples Improve Communication Through Marriage Counseling
- You will learn the basic dynamics for effective communication sending and receiving, (i.e. speaking and listening).
- You will identify the ineffective communication styles you are currently using to communicate with one another, such as aggressive, passive aggressive, passive, etc.
- You will have a greater understanding of how these negative communication styles are impacting your relationship.
- You will learn to use interactive listening, i.e. listening to your partner to understand where they are coming from instead of just simply waiting your turn to rebuttal.
- You will learn to identify the thoughts and feelings you are trying to express as well as how to choose the right words to express those emotions and thoughts to your partner in a way that they can understand.
Compassionate Roseville Marriage Counseling and Coaching
Located in Roseville, Happily Ever After Counseling and Coaching helps couples to improve communication by providing
counseling and coaching services to couples, families and individuals in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Folsom,
Newcastle, Loomis, Penryn, Citrus Heights, Orangevale and the greater Sacramento area.